E-VIGNETTE Information and purchase
E-vignette road use authorization
The e-vignette user charge system applies to motorcycles, passenger cars and their trailers, as well as cargo vehicles with a maximum permissible gross weight of 3.5 tons, campers and buses, and their trailers.
Important to know
- Road use authorization must be always paid for before you enter the toll section; purchased e-vignettes do not constitute authorized road use retroactively. In the case of a purchase within the validity period, the starting date of validity is always the date of purchase.
- If you purchase more than one e-vignette at a time, please make sure that you have specified the dates of your journeys (uses) accurately.
- In order to avoid unauthorized road use, please always check the registration number, the country code, the vehicle category and the validity period on your control slip when making your purchase.
- In case of electronic purchase of the road use authorization, the confirming notification serves as a proof of purchase.
- Please retain the control slip received after your purchase or the confirmation message for a period of 2 years from the last day of the validity of the e-vignette.
Validity periods of e-vignettes
Weekly authorization: valid on the starting day designated by the customer and 9 consecutive days, for a total of 10 consecutive calendar days until midnight of the 10th day.
Monthly authorization: valid from the starting day designated by the customer until midnight of the day of the same number in the following month. If there is no such day in the month of expiry, then to midnight of the last day of the month.
Annual national authorization: valid from the first day of the relevant year to midnight on 31 January of the following year (for a total of 13 months if the purchase takes place on 1 January of the relevant year). The annual vignette offers road use authorization within the validity period starting on the date of purchase.
Annual regional authorization: a territory-based annual e-vignette type, the regional vignette, available for vehicles in Categories D1M, D1, D2, U and B2, with which the toll speedway network of a county may be used. For each vehicle, several regional e-vignettes can be purchased. The validity period of this e-vignette type is the same as the validity period of the annual authorization. The scope of its validity extends outside the relevant county, up to the first junction past the county border. For detailed information on the territorial validity of the regional vignettes according to junction numbers and road section numbers, please click here.
Annual county vignettes may be purchased for the following counties (having a toll speedway network)
Bács-Kiskun, Baranya, Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén, Csongrád, Fejér, Győr-Moson-Sopron, Hajdú-Bihar, Heves, Komárom-Esztergom, Pest, Somogy, Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg, Tolna, Vas, Veszprém, Zala
Respecting regulations are as follows