E-vignette information and purchase
The e-vignette-based user charge system includes motorcycles, cars (and their trailers), trucks with a maximum authorized mass not exceeding 3.5 t, buses, motor vehicles not subject to a toll under separate legislation, and the trailers of the above.
- Toll sections may only be used with a valid road use authorization, i.e. you need to purchase the e-vignette before you enter the toll section. If you purchase the e-vignette within the validity period, its validity will always begin at the time of purchase (day/hour/minute). Bona fide road users mistakenly entering the toll road network have up to 60 minutes from the time of entry to purchase road use authorization.
- If wishing to purchase multiple e-vignettes simultaneously, always make sure to specify the precise date and time of each journey (road use).
- In order to avoid unauthorized road use, make sure to always check the registration number, the country code, the vehicle category and the validity period on the counterfoil when making your purchase.
- When the road toll is paid electronically, you will receive a confirmation message, which will serve as acknowledgement of receipt.
- Please keep the counterfoil or the acknowledgement message received on purchasing the e-vignette for 2 years from the final day of the validity of the e-vignette.
Validity periods of e-vignettes
Weekly road use authorization: valid for the starting day specified by the customer and for the following 9 days, until the 24th hour of the 9th day;
Monthly authorization: valid from the starting day specified by the customer until midnight of the same day (number) of the following month. Where there is no such day in the month of expiry, they are valid until the 24th hour of the last day of the month.
Annual national road use authorization: valid from the first day of the relevant year until midnight of 31 January of the following year (for a total of 13 months if the authorization is purchased on 1 January of the relevant year). If purchased within the validity period, the annual e-vignette grants road use authorization from the time of purchase.
Annual regional road use authorization: an annual, territory-based vignette available for vehicles in categories D1M, D1, D2, U and B2, granting road use authorization on the toll speedway network of a specific county. More than one regional e-vignette may be purchased for the same vehicle. The validity of this type of e-vignette is the same as the validity period of the annual road use authorization. The territorial scope of this vignette extends outside the relevant county, up to the first junction past the county border. Click here to see the territorial validity of the specific county vignettes by junction numbers and road section numbers.
You can purchase annual county e-vignettes for the following counties (counties with a toll highway network)
Bács-Kiskun, Baranya, Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén, Csongrád-Csanád, Fejér, Győr-Moson-Sopron, Hajdú-Bihar, Heves, Komárom-Esztergom, Pest, Somogy, Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg, Tolna, Vas, Veszprém, Zala