The most common errors related to the e-toll
Please read carefully the most common user-made errors and avoid them when you use the toll road network.
- In case of toll payment via route ticket, the toll must be paid in advance, prior to entering the toll section. In case of declaration via On-Board Unit, the declaration is automatic; however, it is important to check that the unit is turned on and in workable status, and that sufficient balance for your trip is available on your HU-GO account.
- If you have to detour from the previously planned route due to road reconstruction or an accident, you do not have to pay additional toll on the specified detour. Additional toll payment is not required only on the designated detour route. If you detour from this route and use additional other toll sections, or if you do not return to the original route at the next available entrance, it qualifies as unauthorized road use.
- Route tickets authorize you for valid road use only after payment. You must pay for your planned route printed at the KIOSZK before road use. When planning your route online, you may begin road use only after payment for your ticket via your HU-GO account as registered user, or, in case of ad-hoc purchase, after receipt of successful bank card payment confirmation. It is important to note that the validity period of ad-hoc route tickets begins immediately after payment. Pre-purchase is only available through the website for registered users.
- Drivers using On-Board Units must check that the relevant axle number is specified on your HU-GO user account or in the OBU (e. g. after attaching or detaching trailers). Specifying the correct environmental category is equally important.
- When purchasing your road use authorization, please check the correct license plate number and the belonging country code before payment. You cannot modify your license plate number or country code retrospectively, after penalty has been levied.
- Route tickets authorize valid road use only for one trip in the specified direction on the planned route. When planning your route, check that the correct departure, waypoints and destination have been specified.
- Route tickets authorize valid road use only for one trip in the specified direction on the planned route. Pursuant to the relevant statutes, the control system does not allow for penalty waivers even if the user travelled on the less expensive main roads parallel with the motorway.
- Route tickets authorize valid road use only for one trip in the specified direction on the planned route and do not allow detours. Pursuant to the relevant statutes, the control system does not allow for penalty waivers even if the user travelled on the less expensive main roads parallel with the motorway.
- Route tickets purchased by non-registered users are valid from the time of purchase till the end of the next calendar day; no refunds are available. You can purchase prepaid route tickets as a registered user (in case of easily plannable forwarding tasks) within 30 calendar days prior to the beginning date of your road use; it is valid from midnight of the first day until midnight of the following day. Prepaid tickets thus purchased can be returned for a refund until midnight of the day before the beginning of the validity period.